Living in Alberta People
- Alberta is home to an ethnically diverse population of over four million people.
- One in six Albertans was born outside of Canada, making Alberta one of the most multi-national and multi-cultural provinces in the country.
- Alberta has the youngest population of all Canadian provinces with a median age of 36.9. This compares to a median age of 40.8 in Canada.
- A vast majority of the population are of European ancestry, with a strong representation of Aboriginal people and an increasing number of migrants from Asia and other regions. This all contributes to the province’s rich cultural diversity.
- Between 2008 and 2018, Alberta’s population grew by 22 percent, the largest increase of any province or state in North America.
Living in Alberta Education
- Albertans are among the best-educated people in North America.
- Alberta has 26 diverse educational institutions, modern facilities, integrated technologies, and online learning combine to create innovative teaching and research opportunities for over 268,000 students, spanning every region of the province.
- Alberta’s post-secondary system is instrumental in supporting learners, society and the economy. It is a comprehensive, coordinated publicly funded post-secondary system that ensures all Albertans have access to affordable and high-quality learning opportunities to meet their lifelong learning goals. This system has benefited from significant ongoing public investment in recent years.
- Alberta’s post-secondary system is supplemented by a multitude of community-based, religious, and vocational training opportunities. Together, Alberta’s post-secondary providers are offering the quality education and training Albertans need, where and when they need it.
Living in Alberta Quality Education
- Alberta ranks with the world’s best in terms of the quality of education.
- The Program for International Student Assessment (PISA) is a tool developed by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) to provide policy-oriented indicators of the skills and knowledge of 15-year olds’ capabilities as they near the end of compulsory education. Since 2000, PISA reports on reading literacy, mathematical literacy, and scientific literacy every three years.
- The 2015 examinations placed Alberta among the top ranks of 79 jurisdictions, including 10 Canadian provinces, where the tests were conducted. Alberta students have the second highest average score in science, the third highest score in reading, and the fourteenth highest score in mathematics.
- According to the Programme for the International Assessment of Adult Competencies, Alberta adults ranked first among the provinces for both numeracy and literacy skills and also for problem-solving skills.
Alberta Incorporation & Business Registration Services
Business Corporations are incorporated in Alberta, according to the provisions of the Alberta Business Corporation Act with the Alberta Corporations Division. Company Formations Canada provides fast and easy Alberta Incorporation Service and provides all the documents your new Alberta corporation will need to stay up-to-date and in compliance with the Alberta Business Corporation Act.