Why You Need An Attorney For Service for Your Business

Why You Need An Attorney For Service for Your Business

A foreign corporation seeking to register in Canada or a domestic Canadian corporation seeking to register in another province as an extra-provincial corporation must designate a person resident in that province to accept service of legal documents. Service on the agent amounts to service of the document in question on the corporation.

An Attorney for Service is an individual appointed by an extra-provincial corporation to represent itself in the province of registration. The Attorney for Service does not need to be a Lawyer. This is just an individual within Canada that has been appointed by the extra-provincial corporation.

What if I do not have an Attorney for Service?

For a yearly fee of $1.500, Extra-Provincial corporations appoint us at Company Formations as their Attorney for Service in Canada. That way Company Formation takes on the responsibilities of Corporate Governance for your extra provincial registration.

For more information about our Attorney for Service solutions, please contact us, using the form below:

If you have any general questions, feedback or other inquiries, contact us and a customer service representative will gladly assist you.

* indicates required field