The annual meeting may be held in Canada at a place specified in the by-laws. Or, if the by-laws do not specify a location, directors may choose one. An annual meeting may be held outside Canada only in cases where the corporation’s articles permit it or if all voting shareholders agree.
Also, where the corporation’s by-laws permit it, the directors of a corporation may decide that a meeting of shareholders will be held entirely by means of a telephonic, electronic or other communication means that will permit all participants to communicate adequately with each other during the meeting. In such cases, it is the responsibility of the corporation to make these facilities available.
Unless otherwise provided by the by-laws, a corporation can allow shareholders to attend the meeting electronically. The communications system used must permit all participants to communicate adequately with each other during the meeting.
Canada Corporate Minute Books. In order to keep your corporation in good standing with your provincial business corporation act, It is essential to keep a history of all important decisions that are made in the company and to demonstrate that the company is acting as a corporation. For example, if you want to sell your company in the future, the buyer’s lawyer will normally ask to see a copy of the minute book. Also, if there is a dispute about a company matter, the minutes can act as an official record of events.
What kind of minute book services we provide
We provide a personalized company minute book in Ms and PDF format that includes:
- Organizational Resolutions
- Register of Directors
- Resignation of Director Form
- Appointment of Corporate Officers
- Resignation of Officer Form
- Subscription of Shares
- Share Certificate
- Register of Shareholders
- Consent and waiver for allotment of shares
- Directors’ resolutions approving the allotment of shares
- Consent and waiver for transfer of shares.
- Shares Transfer Form
- Directors’ Resolutions Approving Transfer of Shares
- Notice of Organizational Meeting of Incorporators and Directors
- Waiver of Notice of Meeting of Incorporators and Directors
- Minutes of Organizational Meeting of Board of Directors
- Waiver of Notice First Meeting of Shareholders
- Minutes First Meeting of Shareholders
- Notice to Directors of Regular Board Meeting
- Minutes Shareholders Annual Meeting
- Minutes Regular Board Meeting