In an Ontario Limited Partnership, The Ontario Limited Partnership must also have a minimum of one Limited Partner, which may be an individual, corporation, trust or private foundation and need not be a Canadian resident. US Trusts are commonly used to good effect in this role.
The Limited Partner details are not publicly disclosed and if the Limited Partner is a non-Canadian entity, extra-provincial registration in the province is not required. The Limited Partner’s liability is protected up to the amount of capital they contribute to the LP however this protection may be lost if the Limited Partner partakes in the management of the LP.
Company Formations offers Ontario Limited Partnership Registration to Canadian residents and non-Canadian residents. Our Canada Limited Partnership registration service for Only $2200 (all inclusive) Includes:
- Name Search confirming the uniqueness of the name
- Government registration fee
- Registered office address for one year
- Declaration Form 3 confirming registration of the Limited Partnership
- Organizational Resolutions of the General Partners
- Resolution Admitting of Limited Partner
- Partnership Agreement
- Register of General Partners
- Register of Limited Partners