Things to know
- Canadian privacy laws apply to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information through mobile apps.
- Privacy regulators have issued detailed guidanceon how they expect app developers to overcome the challenges of small mobile device screens and the speed of the mobile app development cycle.
- Mobile app developers have been targeted in compliance sweeps by regulators.
Things to do
- Build privacy (including compliance with regulatory guidance) into the design of your app.
- Tell potential users what personal information will be collected and why, where it will be stored (on the device or elsewhere), who it will be shared with and why, how long you will keep it, and any other issues that will affect user privacy.
- Avoid collecting location information without express consent.
- Avoid collecting unique device identifiers not essential to the functioning of the app.
- Review the use of cross-app identifiers for compliance with online advertising requirements.
Canada Company Registration
Company Formations Canada offers fast and easy company registration in Canada for non-Canadian residents and foreign companies wishing to operate and do business in Canada.
Register a new company in Canada as a non-Canadian resident
Register a foreign company in Canada
Canada Registered agent services for foreign companies and non-Canadian residents.
Canada Nominee director services for foreign companies and non-Canadian residents.
Shared from: Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt llp Publication