Things to know
- Canadian privacy regulators take the position that the information involved in tailoring ads for users based on their online activities or contact information generally constitutes personal information.
- Opt-out consent for online behavioural advertising (OBA) is generally considered reasonable, provided certain conditions are met.
Things to do
- Provide notice to individuals at the time or before the OBA data flow takes place in a manner that is clear and understandable using communication methods such as online banners, layered approaches, and interactive tools.
- Provide information about the various parties involved in online behavioural advertising.
- Ensure individuals are able to easily opt-out.
- Ensure the opt-out takes effect immediately and is persistent.
- Do not collect or use, to the extent practicable, sensitive personal information.
- Destroy personal information as soon as possible or effectively de-identify it.
- Ensure that your practices comply with the relevant guidance and decisions of Canadian privacy regulators.
Canada Company Registration
Company Formations Canada offers fast and easy company registration in Canada for non-Canadian residents and foreign companies wishing to operate and do business in Canada.
Register a new company in Canada as a non-Canadian resident
Register a foreign company in Canada
Canada Registered agent services for foreign companies and non-Canadian residents.
Canada Nominee director services for foreign companies and non-Canadian residents.
Shared from: Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt llp Publication