How to Register for the VAT in Canada

All private corporations with a turnover of over 30,000 CAD of taxable supplies per quarter must register for the VAT –referred to as Goods and Services Tax (GST)/Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) – with Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). In order to register with CRA, corporations must provide the Name, phone number, and the Social Insurance Number (SIN) of at least one owner/director of the business and the Business Address and Major Business Activity (MBA) when registering.

, ,